1.9 oz Coated Ripstop Nylon Fabric - SECONDS - Black (Sold per Yard)
Sold Per Yard*** SECONDS ***
1.9oz Coated Ripstop Nylon Fabric. This is the same thing as CTD70-RIPSTOP, but seconds. It will have little to no coating. The coating that does appear, may be in streaks. This is still great as a liner, but not suitable for something you need waterproof.
General Nylon Care Tips
Nylon fabrics are very durable and you can wash and dry them at home.
- Wash in cool to moderate water temperatures.
- Do not use bleach. For tough stains use a dry cleaning solvent first.
- Fabric softener is not recommended as it affects the function of the water repellent applied to some fabrics, but often times it can diminish a static problem. There are various brands of softeners with different chemistries and some will help static at the expense of water repellency, and others will have no effect on either. No softener will damage the basic fabric and will come off in the next wash
- HOWEVER, absolutely do not use fabric softener on waterproof breathable Nylon faced fabrics.
- Hang dry or dry in a medium temperature dryer.
- Remove from dryer and hang promptly to minimize wrinkles.
- You can iron with a presser cloth. Always test first on scraps or out-of-sight parts.
- 100% Nylon fabric can be dry cleaned
Some Nylon fabrics have a durable water repellent (DWR) finish on the front face of the fabric. The DWR helps the fabric shed water and stains. Over a period of time this DWR finish will wear off and needs to be replenished. If your fabric stops beading water on the front face you can replenish this finish with a protectant called ReviveX® Water Repellent for Outerwear. It comes in a cleaner and spray on form.